Skiing days are fun and safe when everyone follows the same rules!
- Make sure your equipment is adjusted to your size, weight and ability. Use of a helmet is recommended.
- Respect the lift line and prepare to share the lift with fellow skiers. Get off the lift only at designated areas.
- Select the slope and adapt your speed according to your skills and the enviroment. Always familiarize yourself with special areas in advance.
- Keep your distance when you pass the skiers below and ahead of you. Pay additional attention to small children.
- Stop only at places where you can be easily seen. If you need to go uphill, always do it along the edge of the slopes.
- Do not ski too fast. Pay attention to local slope and snow conditions.
- Sledging is only allowed in separately designated areas.
- You always ski at your own risk.
- Using the slopes under the influence of alcohol/drugs is prohibited.
- In the event of accidents, your duty is to assist. Report any accidents immediately to ski area staff.
Always respect the signs at the ski centre and follow the instructions of the staff. The staff is authorised to take away the skipass from anyone who ignores the slope rules.
The Finnish Ski Area Association (SHKY) slope rules in finnish, swedish, english or russian can be collected from the ticket office or ski rental office. More information check the web pages www.ski.fi.
A slope safety personnel is available at all times when the lifts are open.
ALLOWED SKIING EQUIPMENT IN HIMOS SKI RESORT
Skis, snowboards, telemarks, snowblades, snowskates, monoski and snowbike (not seated one). Adaptive skiers; Bi Ski (disabled) accompanied by an assistant and monoski/dual ski (disabled) without assistant.
CHILDREN AND PETS IN SKI AREA
To carry a child in the backpack or lap while downhill skiing or being in the lift, it is strictly prohibited. The child using the lift must have downhill equipment on.
Pets are not allowed on the slopes. Pets must be engaged and under the control of its owner in anytime.
DRONES IN SKI RESORT
Flying a drone in Himos ski resort are is not allowed. Exceptional cases, for example commercial filming must apply a permission separately from ski resort email@example.com
PERSONNEL IS THERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENT
A slope safety personnel is available at all times when the lifts are open. On the slopes, safety is also monitored by specially trained Ski Patrols, who are responsible for advising downhill visitors, preventing accidents, supervising and intervening in activities that endanger comfort and safety, and providing first aid when needed. Ski Patrol are identified by their red-yellow jackets. In the event of an accident on the slope and the need for first aid on the spot, report the accident to the nearest lift station or other personnel on the slope.